Wesley Medical Center’s pharmacy is nationally recognized for medication management and clinical pharmacy systems. WESLEYCare is an extension of Wesley Medical Center’s pharmacy that provides pharmacy services for residents in long-term care facilities. The clinical specialist pharmacist at WESLEYCare provides individual care to each client and carefully review each prescription that is ordered.
You can expect accuracy, integrity and compassionate care with WESLEYCare Pharmacy.
What We Offer (click here for more)
Patient-Focused Collaborative Care
WESLEYCare Pharmacy is staffed with a board-certified geriatric clinical pharmacist specialist Monday through Friday. At all other times, a pharmacist at Wesley Medical Center will be able to review each order and prioritize any urgent orders sent from the long-term care facility.
WESLEYCare pharmacists work closely with your physician and nursing staff. The pharmacists will:
- Accompany the physician when they meet with you
- Assist in disease state management
- Review your medication profile on a routine basis
- Assure the right medication and right dose at all times
- Provide medication information for you and your healthcare providers
- Monitor kidney and liver function as well as review any other lab tests
- Eliminate excessive medications — medications without necessary conditions
Transition to Hospital Care
WESLEYCare Pharmacy offers a smooth transition from your home to your stay at the hospital by ensuring that the hospital will receive your current medication list. This gives the healthcare team an accurate list of how and when each medication is taken, along with any special directions you may have when taking it.
This up-to-date medical information will:
- Save time for you and your healthcare team
- Limit potential mistakes
- Allow for better treatment and management of disease-state conditions
- Ensure consistent and accurate transmission of medical information
Resource for Medication Information
The clinical pharmacist is a great resource to have if you have any questions about your medications or
health management. All you need to do is make an appointment.
Clinical Pharmacist Specialist
Phone Number: 316.962.6050
Additional Drug Information Resources
Cost Benefits with WESLEYCare Pharmacy
WESLEYCare Pharmacy will help you receive the highest quality of medications at the lowest possible total cost. WESLEYCare pharmacists can help you select an insurance plan that best fits your prescription needs. You will not be billed for medications you do not take. Some care facilities prepare your monthly medications in advance, and you are responsible for the cost of the entire month’s medications, even if you do not take them all.
Accuracy and Patient Safety (click here for more)
Through the utilization of bar code scanning technology, WESLEYCare Pharmacy will work with your long-term care facility’s electronic medication administration record to verify you have the correct drug and dosage each time you receive your medications. The pharmacist will review your current medications and new orders for interactions and make sure you do not receive more medications than necessary.
Fast Delivery of Medications
WESLEYCare Pharmacy uses an automated dispensing system (similar to an ATM that is designed for medications). We anticipate your medication needs, stocking up to 98 percent of your medications ready to be dispensed.
The automated dispensing system provides:
- Reduction of dispensing errors
- Increased medication dispensing speed
- Better inventory management
- Increased security for your medications
The pharmacy is also stocked with many other commonly used medications which can be given to you within an hour of the time the doctor or nurse requests them. Any medications not in stock will be transferred from Wesley Medical Center as soon as possible.
Benefits to Long-Term Care Facilities
- Increased caregiver productivity
- Pharmacists available 24/7/365
- Increased client and nurse satisfaction
- Enhanced nurse-client interaction
- Leading edge in automation technology
- Increased availability for medication information
Concierge Service Program
WESLEYCare pharmacists meet with you to review your medications and provide medication reconciliation at transitions of care. Pharmacists also provide medication set-up if needed, depending upon the level of service requested. Please ask to see the services provided in our Traditional, Deluxe or Premium Concierge Service program.
- Traditional – $100/month: Thirty minute face-to-face visit with the pharmacist once monthly and medication reconciliation at transitions in care
- Deluxe – $150/month: Thirty minute face-to-face visit with the pharmacist twice monthly, medication reconciliation at transitions in care and medication set-up
- Premium – $200/month: Thirty minute face-to-face visit with the pharmacist three times monthly, medication reconciliation at transitions in care and medication set-up
Our Prospective Developments
- Offer the opportunity for higher safety drug management for older adults
- Expand to other senior residential groups
- Offer leading edge of automation technology in long-term care facilities
- Increase WESLEYCare involvement in the community